Authors are invited to contact an editor with manuscripts or ideas for comments and papers.
- Instructions to Authors & Style Guide
- EJW Section Descriptions
- Submit Your Paper
- EJW Audio: Publishing in Econ Journal Watch
Submissions must be made electronically, either in Microsoft Word (.docx or .doc) or OpenDocument (.odt) format. The editors will actively edit for clarity and plain language.
EJW articles are categorized into thematic sections. Articles published in EJW are externally reviewed and must be approved by two journal editors, with these exceptions:
- Articles published in the Watchpad section must be approved by two editors but may not be externally reviewed.
- Comments are usually externally reviewed, but sometimes it is only the responding commented-on author(s) who serves that role of scholarly accountability, particularly in the case of second-round rejoinders.
- Individually invited symposium contributions are generally not externally reviewed. Two editors must approve an initial plan for any symposium, but if contributions are solicited by individual invitation then editorial review tends to be accommodating. Symposia may appear in any section of the journal.
Indexing of EJW is listed on the About page.
Quick Initial Reaction
Within two weeks of submission, an editor will give an initial reaction to the author. Usually within one week. An initial reaction may be just a tentative “interesting, let us look more closely and ponder it.”
For declined submission we do not promise to provide an account of our reasons. But we will provide an initial reaction within two weeks, usually within one.
Go Ahead, Hit Us with an Idea
As long as you can convey it clearly we will be happy to have a look-see and react swiftly, often suggesting a conversation by phone.
Call for Ideological Diversity
We are liberal but welcome proposals and submissions of diverse viewpoints, particularly for the Comments section. Please consider EJW as a possible forum for criticizing pro-liberalization articles, particularly if they appear in prestigious journals.