Classical Liberalism in Econ, by Country
Twenty-one articles and counting…
This page collects all articles published in the Econ Journal Watch series called “Classical Liberalism in Econ, by Country,” which has carried across multiple issues of the journal (May 2015, September 2015, January 2016, January 2017, May 2017, January 2018, May 2018, September 2019, September 2020, and September 2021).
Authors from around the world tell us about their country’s culture of political economy, in particular the vitality of liberalism in the original political sense, historically and currently, with special attention to professional economics as practiced in academia, think tanks, and intellectual networks.
The articles are listed in the order they appeared in EJW.
- Australia: Classical Liberalism in Australian Economics by Chris Berg
- Spain: Liberal Economics in Spain by Fernando Hernández Fradejas
- Poland: Liberal Economics in Poland by Mateusz Machaj
- Lebanon: The Endangered Classical Liberal Tradition in Lebanon: A General Description and Survey Results by Patrick Mardini
- Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, and Slovenia: Classical Liberal Economics in the Ex-Yugoslav Nations by Miroslav Prokopijević and Slaviša Tasić
- Czech Republic: Classical Liberalism in the Czech Republic by Josef Šíma and Tomáš Nikodym
- Venezuela: Venezuela: Without Liberals, There Is No Liberalism by Hugo J. Faria and Leonor Filardo
- Denmark: Classical Liberalism and Modern Political Economy in Denmark by Peter Kurrild-Klitgaard
- India: Liberalism in India by G. P. Manish, Shruti Rajagopalan, Daniel Sutter, and Lawrence H. White
- Guatemala: Classical Liberalism in Guatemala by Andrés Marroquín and Fritz Thomas
- North Korea and South Korea: Liberalism in Korea by Young Back Choi and Yong J. Yoon
- Mexico: Liberalism in Mexican Economic Thought, Past and Present by Pavel Kuchař
- Italy: Classical Liberalism in Italian Economic Thought, from the Time of Unification by Alberto Mingardi
- China: Classical Liberalism in China: Some History and Prospects by Xingyuan Feng, Weisen Li, and Evan W. Osborne
- Iceland: Liberalism in Iceland in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries by Hannes H. Gissurarson
- Ukraine: Liberalism in Ukraine by Mykola Bunyk and Leonid Krasnozhon
- Ecuador: Liberalism in Ecuador by Pedro Romero, Fergus Hodgson, and María Paz Gómez
- Peru: Economic Liberalism in Peru by Patricia Saenz-Armstrong
- South Africa: The Liberal Tradition in South Africa, 1910–2019 by Martin van Staden
- Brazil: Liberalism in Brazil by Lucas Berlanza
- Finland: Classical Liberalism in Finland in the Nineteenth Century by Jens Grandell
EJW Audio podcasts related to the series:
We welcome inquiries or proposals regarding further contributions to the series.